Important Dates for Scholarship Applications & Renewals
Calendar — Each year you'll have to submit a renewal application, so this schedule applies for all three years.
- 1 March - Application Period Begins
- 30 June - Deadline to complete the online scholarship application form.
- 30 September - You'll be notified whether you've received the award (or whether your award was renewed). First time recipients will be asked to provide supplemental information before the check can be disbursed. Renewal recipients must renew their IEEE and PES membership for the upcoming year.
- 31 October - Scholarship award funds will be distributed to the school.
- 1 November - 15 January - PES-Careers will post positions for internships and career experience. We recommend you apply as soon as possible!
- 28 February - If you haven't been able to find career experience by this date, you should notify IEEE PES immediately, and we will provide assistance.
- 31 August - Your career experience for the year should be completed by around this time—in other words, we expect you to get your career experience by the end of summer before your next year in the program.
Co-op Programs: We understand that if you're in a cooperative program, it may work on a different schedule than the one listed above for internships. You'll need to describe the co-op arrangements in your renewal application. If your institution has a mandatory co-op program, you'll need to ask for help from IEEE PES three months before the start of the co-op cycle, to give us time to ensure your success.
Information for Renewal Applications
Congratulations on being selected to be a PES Scholar by the IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative! This is an accomplishment in which you should truly be proud.
You can use the resources below to get more information on completing the award process, important deadlines and resources and how to get further information.
Please carefully review the following important dates and deadlines to ensure that your award can be made.
- June 30, 2019: Deadline for renewal application
- October 11, 2019: Deadline for supplementary information submission (Date subject to change)
- November 2019: Dispersal of scholarship funds to universities to PES Scholars who have submitted required supplemental information.
- November—April: Find a Career Experience (internship, cooperative or research experience)
- June 30, 2020: Deadline for renewal application (if eligible)
PES-Careers - A free service to quickly connect with employers offering jobs, coops, and internships today.
Beyond the Initiative - Beyond the Initiative, PES offers several resources for you as a student, when you transition to a new professional, and when you become a leader in the industry.
Still have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.