IEEE PES Italy Scholarship Award
The IEEE Italy PES Chapter has instituted the “IEEE PES Italy Scholarship Award (IPISA) Fund” with the aim of attracting bright & meritorious students to the Electrical Engineering, and in particular the power engineering, stream.
The student Scholarship Program has the following objectives:
- To attract the best talent and meritorious students to the electrical engineering stream by extending the scholarship to toppers in the pre-engineering qualifying examination and in the Laurea Degree.
- To give adequate opportunities to the selected students to do their internship in the core engineering companies and create an interest, so that the top ranked students graduating from the engineering colleges will opt for job opportunities in the core engineering companies.
- To give required exposure to the selected students by giving opportunities to participate in seminars, workshops and conferences organized by the IEEE.
A student may receive up to three years of financial support. Selection of scholarship awardees is competitive and is open to students from both Laurea and M.Sc Degree. Although the Initiative is prepared to offer three years of support, students will only receive support for up to when they graduate, dividing the grant on the studying period. Thus, applications for the scholarship are not limited to students with at least three years remaining in their undergraduate program and it is open also to students of M.Sc.Degree that will receive up to two years of financial support. Scholarship funds will be distributed via checks made out to the awardees from the Italian IEEE Section.
Elibility - To apply for a scholarship, students must comply with the following conditions:
- express a willingness to consider a career in power and energy engineering
- agree to the conditions for renewal of award after the first year
- is currently enrolled in a university within Italy
- will be working on an electrical engineering undergraduate or a master of science degree as a full-time student at an “engineering accredited” university in the coming academic year
- will be enrolled in a university that offers the Bachelor of Science Degree and/or the Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or presents courses with curriculum that substantively covers the list of typical power engineering subjects listed in Table 1
- is a citizen or permanent resident of a Region 8 country.
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 70% at the student’s current education institution.
Applications are due by 30 June.
The first recipients of the PES Italy Scholarship Award are:
- Alessio Durante - Politecnico di Milano
- Andrea Ianniciello - University of Naples Federico II
- Aitazaz Ali Raja - Politecnico di Milano
- Davide Cittani - Politecnico di Torino
Each recipient receives EU3,400 with funding being provided from the IEEE Foundation - PES Scholarship Plus Fund (Region 8) and Schneider Electric.