Today's students are tomorrow's leaders. Below you'll find resources to help inspire younger students and relevant links for more information on IEEE and PES.
Resources for Teachers & Parents
There are a number of resources available to teachers to help expose students to power and energy engineering. Here are some of our favorites:
- TryEngineering.org — Lesson plans, games, educator resources, career counselor resources, outreach
- IEEE.org Educational Resources — Lesson plans, IEEE outreach volunteer training programs, community service programs, brochures, educator resources, outreach
- Engineering, Go For It - Lesson plans, engineering newsletter, educator resources, outreach
- IEEE eMeritBadges.org - Pre-University Educational Resources — Lesson plans
- IEEE PES Interactive Lessons and Applets — Interactive modules illustrating power use and the power grid
- Junior Engineering Technical Society — National engineering competition for pre-university students
- Get Into Energy — Career counselor resources and outreach resources
- Discover Engineering — Listing of international engineering competition and outreach events
Scholarship Plus - In the News
Below you'll find the links to the latest news stories that feature the IEEE Power & Energy Society Scholarship Plus Initiative.
- The Skills Gap in U.S. Manufacturing: 2015 and Beyond
- IEEE HKN "The Bridge" - Article on PES
- IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative - Fueling the Future - Article from T&D World - April 2015