IEEE PES India Scholarship Award (IPISA)
This award has been established to encourage young people entering the Electrical engineering and technology profession. The IPISA Scholarships will be given on merit-based selection criteria to attract the real talent and meritorious students to electrical engineering stream by extending the scholarship to toppers in the pre-engineering qualifying examination. This year, the awards are given to the I semester/year B.Tech students from AICTE/UGC-approved institutions from across India.
- Visit the IEEE PES India Scholarship Award website for more information on the program.
The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 75,000/- (Rs. Seventy five thousand only) per student per year to be renewed annually for entire duration of degree course subject to further qualifying requirements. The scholarship will be distributed as below
- 50,000 (Rs. Fifty thousand only) per year per student towards the college and hostel fee. No bills to be produced by the selected student.
- To the maximum extent of Rs. 25,000 (Rs. Twenty five thousand only) per year per student towards the expenses incurred towards attending seminars, conferences, tutorials, workshops and internships to be paid to the student on production of suitable documents of attending the same.
To be eligible for a scholarship, students must fulfill the following conditions:
- Express a willingness to consider a career in power and energy engineering
- Agree to the conditions for renewal of award after the first year
- Will be working on an electrical engineering undergraduate bachelor’s degree (Electrical Engineering/Electrical & Electronic Engineering) as a full-time undergraduate student in India
- Already enrolled in a university in India that offers undergraduate courses with curricula that substantively covers the list of typical power engineering subjects
- Takes the power and energy engineering subjects as electives as guided by the mentor
- Any 1st year full time regular UG Engineering program student in Electrical Engineering stream from an AICTE/UGC approved institution in India
- Higher Secondary (or equivalent) marks should be above 70% or of equivalent grade.
- 12th standard or qualifying pre-university marks should be above 70% or of equivalent grade.
- Application is open to all students who hold a valid cut off rank in the IIT JEE (Main)/IIT JEE (Advanced)/state level engineering entrance examinations, as prescribed in the “call for application”.
- Students from AICTE/UGC approved Institutions are eligible to apply for the scholarship.