Power and Energy Careers Fuel our Future
Power and energy engineers work with some of today's most exciting technologies, developing solutions to problems that affect our lives and lifestyles.
The PES Scholarship Plus Initiative provides scholarships and real world experience to undergraduates who are interested in power and energy engineering careers.
You can apply for the PES Scholarship as early as your first year in college. First year students are very much encouraged to apply. You are eligible to receive the scholarship if:
- You're currently enrolled full-time at a university/college or community college.
- You'll be working toward an electrical engineering bachelor's degree (or first professional degree).
- You'll be a full-time student in the coming academic year at a university or college in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada that offers undergraduate courses in power engineering.
- You're willing to take at least three of the power engineering courses for a total of nine or more credits.
- You're a U.S., Puerto Rican, or Canadian citizen or permanent resident and reside in IEEE Regions 1 through 7.
- Your current GPA is 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).