Undergraduate Engineering Scholarships for the Best and Brightest
PES is committed to shaping the future of the power and energy industry through the IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative. Our undergraduate engineering scholarships aim to accomplish this goal by attracting highly qualified engineering students to the field. These students are the very individuals who will one day develop new green technologies, build the smart grid and change the way we generate and utilize power.
The IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative supports these promising students through financial assistance in the increasingly expensive enterprise of undergraduate studies. Funds are paid directly to students to help defray educational costs.
New! Download our Application Checklist/Calendar printable to help you understand the scholarship requirements and stay on top of important dates.
Scholarship recipients will receive the following amounts assuming continued qualification:
- US$2,000 for each of the first two years
- US$3,000 for third year
Recipients of PES engineering scholarships are high achieving undergraduate students in electrical engineering who have committed to exploring the power and energy fields through both coursework and career experiences. These students will graduate with the knowledge and skills necessary to begin making an impact across the power and energy industry.
All PES Scholarship recipients are:
- Declared undergraduate students of electrical and computer engineering
- Enrolled at accredited universities in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada
- High achievers with strong GPAs and distinctive extracurricular commitments
- Committed to exploring the power and energy field
- Committed to enrolling in at least three power engineering courses
- Eager to explore the field through career experiences
- U.S. or Canadian citizens and permanent residents